Administrivia #30794 - NTBugtraq considered a Power to be considered

From: Russ (Russ.Cooper_at_RC.ON.CA)
Date: 12/24/03

    Date:         Wed, 24 Dec 2003 16:30:21 -0500
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    So out of the blue I get a call telling me I'm going to be profiled in a
    year-end issue of Network World magazine. Clearly I'm impressed, so I do
    the interview happily. Turns out, however, that the issue is a special
    one that Network World puts out once a year, part of their Signature
    Series, called "The Power Issue". In it, each year, they cite a number
    of people who have made some impact on the networking world. A co-worker
    of mine, Bob Moskowitz, was honored in 1996 as "One of the Top 25 Power
    People". This year, its my turn, as I've been named #43 out of "The Top
    50 Power People".

    Considering who's on the list, I'm humbled. More importantly, while it
    may be my bio that's profiled (I'm one of only 5 people out of the 50 to
    have a full bio listed), its really you that should be listed. For as
    you all know, without you, I'm nothing. My success is the success of the
    entire NTBugtraq community. The fact that Network World deems me worthy
    of inclusion in such an auspicious list speaks volumes about the quality
    of the information you supply, or the value you perceive in it.

    I thank you all, whether you've ever posted or not, for continuing to
    make NTBugtraq an effective medium for discussions about our chosen
    topic. I should also thank TruSecure Corporation for continuing to allow
    me to run NTBugtraq as I see fit.

    If you'd like to read the Network World articles, check out;

    http://www.nwfusion.com/power/2003/

    Cheers,
    Russ - Surgeon General of TruSecure Corporation/NTBugtraq Editor

    ----
    NTBugtraq subscribers save $103.00 off the TICSA exam by using promo
    code "NT1003" when registering to take the TICSA exam at www.2test.com.
    Prove to your employer and peers that you have the knowledge and
    abilities to be an active stakeholder in today's enterprise security.
    Become TICSA certified www.trusecure.com/ticsa.  Promotion expires
    12/31/03 and cannot be used in combination with other offers.
    ----

    • Identifying the architecture of global economic power
      ... Revealed - the capitalist network that runs the world ... S PROTESTS against financial power sweep the world this week, ... control in the global economy. ...
      (soc.culture.greek)
    • Re: Network Failure - No Idea How to Troubleshoot
      ... Instead, first learn facts. ... network stay stable with this worst case testing ongoing? ... appears to be locking - reset by power cycling. ... UPS and surge protector solutions. ...
      (comp.dcom.lans.ethernet)
    • Re: Network switch options
      ... with typical network traffic between servers, workstations, etc. ... I can keep these off the *above* switch (i.e., ... transformers and power supplies, it's probably quite even in volume. ... there's one inside each doorway (lets you view video of who ...
      (comp.arch.embedded)
    • Re: FCC now planning "all-IP" phone transition [Telecom]
      ... With VOIP, the customer understands that he/she must provide the power, including battery backup power if desired. ... > copper is capacity. ... to the network also provides operating power. ... > surplus dozens of backbone ESS switches and probably hundreds ...
      (comp.dcom.telecom)
    • Fiber Optics for the Power Sector
      ... Fiber Optics for the Power Sector: ... power transmission network, ...
      (sci.electronics.misc)