Re: Invalid PGP key on recent NTBugtraq post

From: Alison Wellsfry (wellsfry_at_CISCO.COM)
Date: 12/10/03

    Date:         Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:39:28 -0800
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    At 12:00 PM 12/10/2003 -0800, Fish wrote:

    >FYI: The recent email purported from "Cisco Systems Product Security
    >Incident Response Team" (psirt@cisco.com) fails PGP validation:
    >
    > *** PGP Signature Status: bad
    > *** Signer: Cisco Systems Product Security Incident Response Team
    ><psirt@cisco.com> (Invalid)
    > *** Signed: 12/10/2003 8:43:46 AM
    > *** Verified: 12/10/2003 11:50:45 AM
    > *** BEGIN PGP VERIFIED MESSAGE ***
    >
    >If this email was indeed sent from Cisco Systems PSIRT (and not the
    >forgery it appears to be), then I would ask that Cisco either update
    >(republish) their key(s) on the various PGP Key Severs around the
    >globe (and then let us all know what the fingerprint is), or else (if
    >a forgery) begin investigations into who sent the email and why.
    >
    >Thank you.
    >
    >- --
    >"Fish" (David B. Trout)
    > fish@infidels.org
    >
    >Fight Spam! Join CAUCE!
    >http://www.cauce.org/

    ----
    NTBugtraq subscribers save $103.00 off the TICSA exam by using promo
    code "NT1003" when registering to take the TICSA exam at www.2test.com.
    Prove to your employer and peers that you have the knowledge and
    abilities to be an active stakeholder in today's enterprise security.
    Become TICSA certified www.trusecure.com/ticsa.  Promotion expires
    12/31/03 and cannot be used in combination with other offers.
    ----