Re: IIS user credentials caching

From: Russ (Russ.Cooper_at_RC.ON.CA)
Date: 12/16/03

    Date:         Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:15:45 -0500
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    -----Original Message-----
    From: "Peter Chang"
    Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 07:10:03 -0800

    This has pretty much always been the case (to improve performance) and is a problem which often comes up in a production environment at some point or other when trying to make a change for a user on the fly. The IIS user token is cached for 15 minutes. Q152526 describes how to change this default timeout. Keep in mind that caching is done to improve performance. The key is to find the right balance for your environment.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=152526