Re: IE URL obfuscation

From: Martin Christopher (martin.christopher_at_UK.EASYNET.NET)
Date: 12/10/03

    Date:         Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:08:10 -0000
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    This appears to be another case of 'Vanilla' IE implementations being
    vulnerable to the 'ploit, but browsers with extensions / additions being
    immune.

    I am running the SlimBrowser enhancements for IE and it showed the url up
    as:
    http://www.microsoft.com @zapthedingbat.com/security/ex01/vun2.htm (exactly
    as shown)

    I would hypothesize that the results of this test are related to the
    character sets installed on your machine / browser.

    Martin Christopher
    Microsoft Systems
    Easynet Ltd

    */ The clock it ticking
       and from now on we are keeping score /*

    ----
    NTBugtraq subscribers save $103.00 off the TICSA exam by using promo
    code "NT1003" when registering to take the TICSA exam at www.2test.com.
    Prove to your employer and peers that you have the knowledge and
    abilities to be an active stakeholder in today's enterprise security.
    Become TICSA certified www.trusecure.com/ticsa.  Promotion expires
    12/31/03 and cannot be used in combination with other offers.
    ----

    • Re: Server Exts Not Supported?
      ... the major browsers and versions and not rely on FP or any HTML application to do it all. ... To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see: ... FP extensions are available for Windows based servers ...
      (microsoft.public.frontpage.extensions.windowsnt)
    • Re: Server Exts Not Supported?
      ... who supports the FP server extensions, ... by all users (who have current, up-to-date browsers ... ... >extensions, regardless of their O/S. ... >3) There are some features used by FrontPage and FP ...
      (microsoft.public.frontpage.extensions.windowsnt)
    • Re: OT personal choice of browser?
      ... tried them with several other browsers and was ... add-ons lagging behind the upgrades. ... I use IEtab in FF and in Chrome for difficult sites. ... it is annoying to do an upgrade and have several extensions "break." ...
      (alt.html)
    • Re: Server Exts Not Supported?
      ... I can change my ISP to an ISP ... by all users (who have current, up-to-date browsers ... ... FP extensions are available for Windows based servers ...
      (microsoft.public.frontpage.extensions.windowsnt)
    • Re: Server Exts Not Supported?
      ... Hosts can choose whether they want to install and use FP server ... extensions, regardless of their O/S. ... are not supported in all browsers. ... Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ...
      (microsoft.public.frontpage.extensions.windowsnt)