An open source utility that might be of use to NTBugtraq users...

From: Kevin Costain (kevin_at_CALWELL.CA)
Date: 10/26/03

    Date:         Sat, 25 Oct 2003 18:51:18 -0400
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    Hello All,

    I have been working for a while on an Open Source small utility that has
    seen allot of use by Radmin and VNC users since I added support for
    detecting those products. My utility is called IconIP and its a simple
    program that runs on client computers (win9x, nt, 2k, etc) that detects the
    Username, IP Address, MAC Address, and open port (supports Radmin and VNC).
    This information can optionally be written to a text file - and becomes
    very useful when the text file is on a server.

    You can get more info on this small utility at:
    http://www.calwell.ca/iconip/

    or at the Sourceforge.net page:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/iconip/

    Since IconIP is free - I feel many of you could benefit from taking a look
    this program. I see it useful in identifying computers on the network and
    aiding in the process of patching/updating.

    Thanks,
    Kevin Costain

    ----------
    Calwell Inc.
    Computer Services and Technology Consulting in the Toronto area.
    http://www.calwell.ca

    ----
    NTBugtraq subscribers save $103.00 off the TICSA exam by using promo
    code "NT1003" when registering to take the TICSA exam at www.2test.com.
    Prove to your employer and peers that you have the knowledge and
    abilities to be an active stakeholder in today's enterprise security.
    Become TICSA certified www.trusecure.com/ticsa.  Promotion expires
    12/31/03 and cannot be used in combination with other offers.
    ----