Asp.Net Security Analyser

From: Dinis Cruz (Dinis_at_DDPLUS.NET)
Date: 10/09/03

    Date:         Thu, 9 Oct 2003 17:18:44 +0100
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    Hello, we have just released the first stable version of our new Open
    Source Project: the Asp.Net Security Analyser (ANSA)

    Asp.Net Security Analyser (ANSA) is a Open Source, Windows based, online
    tool, that tests the server's security for known vulnerabilities and
    mis-configurations. The tool was initially designed to allow the
    protection of ISPs that provide shared hosting services. You can
    download the source code, use it in your servers and distribute it to
    who ever you feel appropriate.

    The project's objective is to create an Open Source tool that allows
    system administrators (responsible for windows based shared hosting
    environments) to easily identify and solve existent security problems.

    The current version is focused on identifying security vulnerabilities
    such as: remote command execution, pour website isolation (i.e. the user
    from website 'A' can see the data from website 'B'), disclosure of
    sensitive information (such as usernames/passwords, running processes,
    installed services), ability to do a server based port scan, etc..

    Eventually the tool should evolve to a "Asp.Net Security Configuration
    Tool" where it will also allow the SysAdmins to securely configure their
    servers

    This project is currently hosted in a Workspace in GotDotNet (
    <http://www.gotdotnet.com/> www.gotdotnet.com) and this is the direct
    link to the project:

    <http://www.gotdotnet.com/Community/Workspaces/Workspace.aspx?id=36ae9a2
    c-8740-4b52-924e-320edf64fba5>
    http://www.gotdotnet.com/Community/Workspaces/Workspace.aspx?id=36ae9a2c
    -8740-4b52-924e-320edf64fba5 (if this link doesn't work please visit
    this page
    <http://www.gotdotnet.com/community/workspaces/directory.aspx>
    http://www.gotdotnet.com/community/workspaces/directory.aspx and search
    for 'ANSA')

    Thanks for your time, and don't hesitate to contact me if you require
    any further help.

    Dinis Cruz
    .NET Security Consultant
    DDPlus ( <http://www.ddplus.net/> www.ddplus.net)

    -----
    Out of Office replies to list messages cause you to be unsubscribed
    automatically. Either subscribe a Public Folder, or ensure you're rules are
    set to ensure list messages are filtered prior to your Out of Office reply.
    Such automatic replies are a bane to posters, and cause us to have fewer
    researchers post to NTBugtraq.
    -----