Last Two Critical Updates (IE-828750 and Windows Media Player-828 026)

From: Asadoorian, Mike (mike.asadoorian_at_UNISYS.COM)
Date: 10/07/03

    Date:         Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:32:43 -0500
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    Russ,

    Something strange happened with these last two updates. I have some systems
    scheduled to use Automatic Updates to download/install/reboot. On multiple
    XP SP1 systems, the updates installed but the systems did not restart.
    Instead there was a dialog box asking to restart. In the past, they have
    rebooted automatically. The same hotfixes installed on W2K boxes through
    Automatic Update did reboot automatically. I'm not sure if this is a bug or
    normal. I just wanted to see if others have also come across this or maybe
    MS changed something recently in terms of critical updates.

    Thanks,
    Mike

    -----
    Want to reply to the person who sent this message?

    This list is configured such that just hitting reply is going to result in
    the message coming to the list, not to the individual who sent the message.
    This was done to help reduce the number of Out of Office messages posters
    received. So if you want to send a reply just to the poster, you''ll have to
    copy their email address out of the message and place it in your TO: field.
    -----