Re: Perpetual restarts after installing MS03-039 patch

From: Larry Seltzer (larry_at_LARRYSELTZER.COM)
Date: 09/24/03

    Date:         Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:01:45 -0400
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    >>There are multiple places where an autorun can be scheduled. Please try running
    'autoruns' from www.sysinternals.com. It will show you few additional places you can
    check.

    Or Start-Run, MSCONFIG, and check the Startup tab. (Doesn't show services, but they're
    in the Services control panel.)

    Larry Seltzer
    Security Editor, eWEEK.com
    http://security.eweek.com/
    larryseltzer@ziffdavis.com

    ----
    Are You "Certifiable"? Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER!
    With a growth rate exceeding 110%, the TICSA security practitioner
    certification is one of the hottest IT credentials available.  And now, for
    a limited time, you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! To
    learn more about the TICSA certification, and to register as a TICSA
    candidate online, just go to
    http://www.trusecure.com/offer/s0100/
    ----

    • Re: Alert: Microsoft Security Bulletin - MS03-039
      ... The way that Microsoft patched the new RPC Part II vulnerability ... Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER! ... To learn more about the TICSA certification, ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • WHERE ARE NT4 OLD PASSWORDS STORED
      ... Sorry if this bores many of you (being an NT4 question), ... Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER! ... you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Firewalls and DCOM
      ... Never underestimate the lengths to which your users will inadvertently go through to infect a network;)" ... Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER! ... you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • DCOM worm analysis report: W32.Blaster.Worm
      ... A Bugtraq user has already pointed out that a worm has been ... Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER! ... you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Something changing DNS server settings
      ... When I looked in the registry of one of the affected computers, ... Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER! ... you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)