Administrivia #30659 - Take a breather

From: Russ (Russ.Cooper_at_RC.ON.CA)
Date: 09/18/03

    Date:         Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:12:09 -0400
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    Ok, too many messages today for some, I appreciate that. Sorry, but I had accumulated a back-log and finally got to it today. Still haven't gotten to responses to my Internet Penalties Plan proposal, and have added the patch solutions thing to my plate...;-] Weeee, are we having fun or what.

    Anyway, unless an MS03-039 worm starts today, I'll save more messages until at least tomorrow.

    A couple of notes:

    1. The NTBugtraq Retreat starts a week Friday night, if you're coming to the Virus Bulletins conference in Toronto, or just want to attend, there's still a couple of spaces left. http://www.ntbugtraq.com/retreat.asp

    2. The Verisign debate is being covered more extensively elsewhere. I wanted to let something out about it, but I don't want to rehash all that's been, or going to be, discussed elsewhere. I apologize for letting Tony's first post go out, he told me before I sent it to not send it, I just got mixed up over which version I was releasing...my bad.

    3. Remember, when replying to any list message such a reply will go to the list address, not the sender's address. To send only to the sender you need to cut and paste their email address from the message. Anything that doesn't look like it was meant for the list is simply rejected, so the recipient you intended will not see your reply.

    4. The message titled "Better way to perform Microsoft security patching?" wasn't for list discussion. Send Exibar your comments directly.

    Cheers,
    Russ - NTBugtraq Editor

    ----
    Are You "Certifiable"? Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER!
    With a growth rate exceeding 110%, the TICSA security practitioner
    certification is one of the hottest IT credentials available.  And now, for
    a limited time, you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! To
    learn more about the TICSA certification, and to register as a TICSA
    candidate online, just go to
    http://www.trusecure.com/offer/s0100/
    ----

    • Re: Alert: Microsoft Security Bulletin - MS03-039
      ... The way that Microsoft patched the new RPC Part II vulnerability ... Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER! ... To learn more about the TICSA certification, ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • WHERE ARE NT4 OLD PASSWORDS STORED
      ... Sorry if this bores many of you (being an NT4 question), ... Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER! ... you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Windows 2000 server issue
      ... accurately parse the lists of vulnerable machines produced by the scan ... of addresses directly on the script. ... Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER! ... you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Firewalls and DCOM
      ... Never underestimate the lengths to which your users will inadvertently go through to infect a network;)" ... Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER! ... you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Re: Drivial Pursuit: Internet Explorer Browser & Your Files and Folders !
      ... The default Enhanced Security Configuration of IE ... access to files and folders on the local machine from the internet. ... With a growth rate exceeding 110%, the TICSA security practitioner certification is one of the hottest IT credentials available. ... And now, for a limited time, you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)