Patch Solutions - survey

From: Russ (Russ.Cooper_at_RC.ON.CA)
Date: 09/18/03

    Date:         Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:42:47 -0400
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    Folks,

    I have been asked by many subscribers to provide a list of patch solutions that people use to deploy urgent patches like MS03-039.

    Because I expect to get a high volume of replies, I would appreciate it if you keep the subject line of this message intact in your response.

    I don't want lengthy information about the solution, simply send me a reply indicating the product you use *and* find useful to you. Don't tell me about products which don't work. Include the version number you currently use.

    If the product is free, or has a free version, please indicate that, otherwise I will assume the product is fee-based. Also, please provide a link to the product if you know it.

    Vendors of patch solutions are encouraged to submit a reply indicating their product also.

    I'll compile the results and then put a poll together so people can indicate their preference and anyone looking for a solution will be able to get an idea of how often it is used, and how many people find it useful.

    Cheers,
    Russ - NTBugtraq Editor

    ----
    Are You "Certifiable"? Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER!
    With a growth rate exceeding 110%, the TICSA security practitioner
    certification is one of the hottest IT credentials available.  And now, for
    a limited time, you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! To
    learn more about the TICSA certification, and to register as a TICSA
    candidate online, just go to
    http://www.trusecure.com/offer/s0100/
    ----

    • Re: Alert: Microsoft Security Bulletin - MS03-039
      ... The way that Microsoft patched the new RPC Part II vulnerability ... Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER! ... To learn more about the TICSA certification, ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • WHERE ARE NT4 OLD PASSWORDS STORED
      ... Sorry if this bores many of you (being an NT4 question), ... Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER! ... you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Windows 2000 server issue
      ... accurately parse the lists of vulnerable machines produced by the scan ... of addresses directly on the script. ... Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER! ... you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Firewalls and DCOM
      ... Never underestimate the lengths to which your users will inadvertently go through to infect a network;)" ... Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER! ... you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Re: Drivial Pursuit: Internet Explorer Browser & Your Files and Folders !
      ... The default Enhanced Security Configuration of IE ... access to files and folders on the local machine from the internet. ... With a growth rate exceeding 110%, the TICSA security practitioner certification is one of the hottest IT credentials available. ... And now, for a limited time, you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)