W2K SP4 bug on DCs

From: Vladimir Markovic (VMarkovic_at_SWST.COM)
Date: 09/02/03

    Date:         Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:13:40 -0500
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    Hello Russ,

    I am not sure if this is worth mentioning to the masses - but since I just
    got burned by this I wanted to make other folks aware of it. We upgraded
    our AD DCs to SP4 3 days ago and just this morning, as users were getting
    logged on all of them decided to reboot themselves. I found this in the
    event logs
    Internal event: Exception c0000005 has occurred with parameters 757b5954 and
    0 (Internal ID 0).
    And it was issued by NTDS General, Category Internal processing with the
    event IS 1173

    After a little bit of research I found a new article 824226 that describes
    this error but does not mention the severity of it. I contacted M$ and
    received the patch that is now in our Test Forrest. Hopefully tonight it
    will go into production so tomorrow can be a better day.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824226

    Vladimir Markovic
    Information Technology
    Southwest Securities, Inc.
    214.859.6372
    vmarkovic@swst.com

    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Whatever Happened to Octopus?

    LEGATO RepliStor, formerly known as Octopus, delivers breakthrough
    replication performance that's 5X faster than the competition in an
    independent head-to-head test. Learn how RepliStor uses patented,
    asynchronous, real-time replication, to deliver disaster recovery, data
    distribution and consolidated backups. It is the first replication solution
    to achieve Windows 2003 certification. Get the performance report now.

    http://portal1.legato.com/products/replistor/upgrade.cfm

    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    • Norton Internet Security 2003 blacklist fault?
      ... Whatever Happened to Octopus? ... LEGATO RepliStor, formerly known as Octopus, delivers breakthrough ... asynchronous, real-time replication, to deliver disaster recovery, data ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • BAD NEWS: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-032
      ... Whatever Happened to Octopus? ... LEGATO RepliStor, formerly known as Octopus, delivers breakthrough ... asynchronous, real-time replication, to deliver disaster recovery, data ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • MS03-32 kills asp.net on XP Pro systems :0-(
      ... Whatever Happened to Octopus? ... LEGATO RepliStor, formerly known as Octopus, delivers breakthrough ... asynchronous, real-time replication, to deliver disaster recovery, data ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Re: SoBig.F Phase 2 - about to start, or not
    • Re: www.windowupdate.com GONE - What about the little people?