FW: Norton Internet Security 2003 blacklist fault?

From: Sufliarsky Richard (sufo_at_GRATEX.COM)
Date: 09/12/03

    Date:         Fri, 12 Sep 2003 08:32:31 +0200
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    Sorry, but I have to add my point of view to this problem.
    What about web server which hosts many web sites on the same IP ?
    For example I have a Win2k machine with IIS 5.0 and it hosts about 50
    different webs on one IP.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;190008

    Try to resolve: www.olympic.sk, www.boardlife.sk, www.lca.sk ...
    All the webs are on one IP (195.98.130.49) and if you disable it by a
    firewall rule, you disable all the webs not only one you choosed by the
    rule !!!

    It's not that easy to disable IP and think that it's all right.

    Richard Sufliarsky
    mailto:sufo@gratex.com
    Support Services Division
    Gratex International
    http://www.gratex.com

    ----
    Are You "Certifiable"? Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER!
    With a growth rate exceeding 110%, the TICSA security practitioner
    certification is one of the hottest IT credentials available.  And now, for
    a limited time, you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! To
    learn more about the TICSA certification, and to register as a TICSA
    candidate online, just go to
    http://www.trusecure.com/offer/s0100/
    ----