Re: clients contacting WU directly

From: wayrenth (wayrenth_at_CHARTER.NET)
Date: 08/20/03

    Date:         Tue, 19 Aug 2003 21:57:16 -0500
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    I don't knbow about the other problems listed in a previous message but this
    fixes the "Thank you
    for your interest in Windows Update" problem

    found this on MS's site

    RESOLUTION
    To resolve this issue, set Cryptographic Services to Automatic for Startup
    type. If this does not resolve the issue, stop Cryptographic Services, and
    then rename the %Systemroot%System32Catroot2 folder. To do so, follow these
    steps:
    Start the Administrative Tools utility in Control Panel.
    Double-click Services.
    Right-click Cryptographic Services, and then click Properties.
    Click Automatic for Startup type, and then click Start.
    Install Windows XP SP1 again. If the problem persists,
    Click Start, and then click Run.
    In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.
    At the command prompt, type the following commands, pressing ENTER after
    each line:
    net stop cryptsvc
    ren %systemroot%system32catroot2 oldcatroot2
    net start cryptsvc

    Type exit to close the command prompt, and then install Windows XP SP1 again

    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Are You "Certifiable"? Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER!

    With a growth rate exceeding 110%, the TICSA security practitioner
    certification is one of the hottest IT credentials available. And now, for
    a limited time, you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! To
    learn more about the TICSA certification, and to register as a TICSA
    candidate online, just go to

    http://www.trusecure.com/offer/s0100/

    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    • Re: MS03-026 - are you patched? Windows Update isnt sure!
      ... Hoping to shed a little light on the file version checking in Windows ... querying the Windows Installer service (which amounts to a metabase or ... Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER! ... you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Re: Microsoft Numbering System
      ... Do me a favor and load up a new Windows XP box, ... on each and every patch. ... Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER! ... To learn more about the TICSA certification, and to register as a TICSA ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Re: clients contacting WU directly
      ... When I deployed the Windows Automatic Update feature across our domain (to ... force clients to accept updates from our local SUS machine) I also ... Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER! ... you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • RPC DCOM still vulnerable even after applying patches
      ... windows 200 SP4 machines that "even if you apply the ... Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER! ... you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Re: The Rev may already be a winner!
      ... As a consultant or project basis? ... I have several years experience in corporate training, in addition to IT Consultation and full-time Senior Network Administration, implementing and maintaining Microsoft Windows Networks. ... Currently I am teaching Microsoft Official Curriculum Courses helping others to obtain Microsoft Certifications and pursue careers in the Information Technology Profession while continuing my consulting services. ... This experience combined with several industry standard certifications such as the CompTIA Security+ Certification, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Certification, and the Microsoft Certified Trainer ...
      (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)