www.windowupdate.com GONE - What about the little people?

From: Ruben Bybee (Ruben_at_OFFICE.BMI.NET)
Date: 08/18/03

    Date:         Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:35:49 -0700
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    Hi All,

    I sure can understand why Microsoft would want to try to thwart attacks
    to windowsupdate.com, but what about the millions of users that have
    learned that this address to go for Windows Updates. Most people do not
    know of this obscure http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com address.

    I think the MS approach to completely kill this well known update web
    site will result in fewer people being able to find the updates and
    keeping their computer patched.

    As an ISP, we have sent thousands of customers to WindowsUpdate.com and
    feel this response by Microsoft was not fair and ill planned and could
    have long term negative effects.

    Ruben Bybee
    General Manager
    Blue Mountain Internet

    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Are You "Certifiable"? Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER!

    With a growth rate exceeding 110%, the TICSA security practitioner
    certification is one of the hottest IT credentials available. And now, for
    a limited time, you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! To
    learn more about the TICSA certification, and to register as a TICSA
    candidate online, just go to

    http://www.trusecure.com/offer/s0100/

    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo