MS03-017 and quartz.dll

From: Claudio Valderrama C. (cvalde_at_USA.NET)
Date: 07/28/03

    Date:         Mon, 28 Jul 2003 02:04:57 -0400
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    Hi.

    After installing DirectX9-KB819696-x86-ENU.exe in my win2k wks sp3 (that has
    already several hot fixes), I noticed that I have two versions of this DLL:

    G:\WINNT\RegisteredPackages\{44BBA855-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}\quartz.dl
    and
    G:\WINNT\system32\quartz.dll

    The file sizes and version info do not match. The former is 6.5.1.900 and
    the latter is 6.5.1.902. Should I worry? Or is this the place where the old
    library version is stored in case it's needed? Thanks.

    C.

    --
    Claudio Valderrama C.
    Consultant, SW developer.