Re: SP4 problems

From: Marc Brawner (mbrawner_at_KROLLWORLDWIDE.COM)
Date: 07/15/03

    Date:         Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:47:47 -0500
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    SP4 problemsIf you're still tracking SP4 issues:

    We upgraded two separate installations of RightFax Enterprise Server v8 from SP3 to SP4, and after upgrading, both installations could no longer be managed through the primary admin tool, 'Rightfax Enterprise Manager' console. The error received is:

    Login to fax server <servername> is not currently possible because the Rightfax RPC Server Module and/or the RIghtFax Database Module are not currently running.

    The services are indeed running, and are listening on their respective ports (checked via fport.exe). Uninstallation of SP4 resolved the problem. We also checked privileges regarding the new SP4 user rights as well to no avail. Can't find any other newsgroup or KB postings on this issue.

    Fax servers are pretty critical to certain organizations, so this might be worth passing along :-)

    Thanks,
    Marc