SP4 problems

From: Russ (Russ.Cooper_at_RC.ON.CA)
Date: 07/02/03

    Date:         Wed, 2 Jul 2003 11:57:19 -0400
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    FYI, I am receiving a number messages describing a variety of problems people have experienced with Windows 2000 SP4. As I have previously stated, I do not post such problems through to the list until I receive 5 similar reports. IOWs, if 5 people say they have experienced the same problem, I will post a message about that problem.

    So, if you've experienced a problem with SP4, please make sure you send me a report.

    I put through the message from Kurt about his problems with SP4 because I felt it was unique enough that it is unlikely I would get 5 such reports. If I get other reports that are unlikely to yield additional verification, I'll put them through also.

    Cheers,
    Russ - NTBugtraq Editor

    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Are You "Certifiable"? Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER!

    With a growth rate exceeding 110%, the TICSA security practitioner
    certification is one of the hottest IT credentials available. And now, for
    a limited time, you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! To
    learn more about the TICSA certification, and to register as a TICSA
    candidate online, just go to

    http://www.trusecure.com/offer/s0100/

    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    • Re: 2000 SP4 Released - Officially
      ... one cannot edit the update.inf file included with the sp4 to ... microsoft had a track record of always pushing out rock solid 'fixes' then ... Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER! ... you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Re: reports of DCOM worm on the loose...Report #4a
      ... Uncorroborated Reports: ... XP Home system using AOL Dial-up connection got infected ... Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER! ... you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Re: Alert: Microsoft Security Bulletin - MS03-039
      ... The way that Microsoft patched the new RPC Part II vulnerability ... Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER! ... To learn more about the TICSA certification, ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Windows 2000 server issue
      ... accurately parse the lists of vulnerable machines produced by the scan ... of addresses directly on the script. ... Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER! ... you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Re: Drivial Pursuit: Internet Explorer Browser & Your Files and Folders !
      ... The default Enhanced Security Configuration of IE ... access to files and folders on the local machine from the internet. ... With a growth rate exceeding 110%, the TICSA security practitioner certification is one of the hottest IT credentials available. ... And now, for a limited time, you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)