Re: Alert: Microsoft Security Bulletin - MS03-018

From: Steve Shockley (steve.shockley_at_SHOCKLEY.NET)
Date: 05/29/03

    Date:         Thu, 29 May 2003 01:07:39 -0400
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    > - A denial of service vulnerability that results because IIS 5.0 and
    > 5.1 do not correctly handle an error condition when an overly long
    > WebDAV request is passed to them. As a result an attacker could cause
    > IIS to fail - however both IIS 5.0 and 5.1 will by default restart
    > immediately after this failure.

    Will the Buffer Size Registry Tool
    (http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=48B3A74E-A4AF-41D6-BDE
    C-1B6104648647&displaylang=en) function as a workaround for this problem?

    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Delivery co-sponsored by TruSecure
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    FREE 14-DAY TRIAL of New Threat & Vulnerability Notification Service

    TruSecure's new IntelliShield(tm) web-based threat and vulnerability
    service isn't your typical alert service. Supported by TruSecure's vast
    intelligence resources - including the ICSA Labs - IntelliShield's early
    warning, analysis, decision support, and threat management tools provide
    organizations with unmatched intelligence to better protect critical
    information assets. Experience it for yourself - just click below to begin
    your FREE, NO OBLIGATION 14-day trial today!

    http://www.trusecure.com/offer/s0074/

    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    • Revised: Microsoft Security Bulletin - MS03-013
      ... FREE 14-DAY TRIAL of New Threat & Vulnerability Notification Service ... intelligence resources - including the ICSA Labs - IntelliShield's early ... warning, analysis, decision support, and threat management tools provide ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Re: 811493 again and again - fixed?
      ... Free 14-day trial of New Threat & Vulnerability Notification Service ... intelligence resources - including the ICSA Labs - IntelliShield's early ... warning, analysis, decision support, and threat management tools provide ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Re: Alert: Microsoft Security Bulletin - MS03-018
      ... FREE 14-DAY TRIAL of New Threat & Vulnerability Notification Service ... intelligence resources - including the ICSA Labs - IntelliShield's early ... warning, analysis, decision support, and threat management tools provide ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Administrivia #30578 - NTBugtraq/MS Bulletin Service update
      ... FREE 14-DAY TRIAL of New Threat & Vulnerability Notification Service ... intelligence resources - including the ICSA Labs - IntelliShield's early ... warning, analysis, decision support, and threat management tools provide ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • MSXML4sp2 broken?
      ... I don't know if MSoft is aware of the problem or not but it's infuriating ... FREE 14-DAY TRIAL of New Threat & Vulnerability Notification Service ... intelligence resources - including the ICSA Labs - IntelliShield's early ... warning, analysis, decision support, and threat management tools provide ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)