Re: Restricted Zone: the OUTLOOK EXPRESS

From: Jeff Beckley (beckley_at_QUALCOMM.COM)
Date: 05/21/03

    Date:         Wed, 21 May 2003 11:58:31 -0700
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    At 11:55 AM 5/21/2003 +0000, http-equiv@excite.com wrote:
    >Notes:
    >
    >1. this is reminiscent of GreyMagic Software's 'Qualcomm Eudora
    >WebBrowser Control Embedded Media Player File Vulnerability ':
    >http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/4343 which appears to never have
    >been patched.

    This was fixed in Eudora 5.2 last year. See
    <http://eudora.com/download/eudora/windows/5.2/RelNotes.txt>.

    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    EXECUTIVE SEMINAR: "Information Security and the Disappearing Perimeter"

    Join Peter S. Tippett, PhD, M.D., the industry's foremost authority on
    network security, and TruSecure for a free breakfast seminar on "The Impact
    of the Disappearing Perimeter." Learn how you can proactively protect your
    organization against today's newest threats, including those from remote
    users, business partners and wireless. To register, and to view the full
    list of dates and cities, click below or call 1-888-396-8348.

    http://www.trusecure.com/offer/s0096/

    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    • Windows XP activation
      ... In my opinion this means that we have no way of checking if the communication is indeed with a still valid Microsoft registration server. ... "Information Security and the Disappearing Perimeter" ... and TruSecure for a free breakfast seminar on "The Impact ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Re: Flooding Internet Explorer 6.0.2800 (6.x?) security zones ! - UPDATED
      ... Russ - NTBugtraq Editor ... "Information Security and the Disappearing Perimeter" ... and TruSecure for a free breakfast seminar on "The Impact ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Windows Update site
      ... about 30 updates from the Microsoft web site. ... "Information Security and the Disappearing Perimeter" ... and TruSecure for a free breakfast seminar on "The Impact ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)
    • Re: Windows Update site
      ... Just to add one more variable, many people contacted me this morning indicating that if IE hasn't got a language set then Windows Update will have the same response, namely it will say there are no updates. ... "Information Security and the Disappearing Perimeter" ... and TruSecure for a free breakfast seminar on "The Impact ...
      (NT-Bugtraq)