Problems with MS03-007 and Cold Fusion MX

From: James Downes (james@BDMEDIA.CO.UK)
Date: 03/19/03

    Date:         Wed, 19 Mar 2003 19:26:07 +0000
    From: James Downes <james@BDMEDIA.CO.UK>
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    All,

    This is my first post to this list, so please don't be too harsh.

    This is just a "heads up" and maybeof help to others in a similar
    situation.

    We have applied MS03-007 on two of our servers running Win2k and Cold
    Fusion MX. On subsequent testing we were getting strange results where
    the 1st or default web server on an multihomed system gave us 404 errors
    on everything except the default page. Other sites responded fine.

    We removed the patch, both through an uninstall and through the Recovery
    Console method described by Russ. In neither case was the problem resolved.

    We have not done thorough testing on this to determine exactly what
    happened, but have resolved the problem by using the following procedure

    Stop the WWW service
    Stop the IIS Admin Service (if its running)
    Run the Remove_ALL_Connectors batch file in CfusionMX/bin/connectors
    Run the IIS_connector batch file in CfusionMX/bin/connectors
    Restart the WWW service

    One on of the servers we then had IIS grinding to a standstill that was
    fixed by a restart, we are still investigating what may have gone on there.

    The servers now have the patch installed and are working with Cold
    Fusion MX.

    Best Regards

    James Downes

    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Delivery co-sponsored by Prometric - More than testing, learning.
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    http://www.prometric.com

    Prometric, part of The Thomson Corporation, is the leader in
    technology-enabled testing and assessment services for information
    technology certification, academic admissions, professional licensure and
    certifications, computer-based driver's licensing, and corporate testing.

    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo