Revised: Microsoft Security Bulletin - MS02-019

From: Russ (Russ.Cooper@RC.ON.CA)
Date: 03/04/03

    Date:         Tue, 4 Mar 2003 14:00:34 -0500
    From: Russ <Russ.Cooper@RC.ON.CA>
    To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

    Unchecked Buffer in Internet Explorer and Office for Mac Can Cause Code to Execute (Q321309)

    Originally posted: April 16, 2002
    Updated: February 28th, 2003

    This bulletin has been revised.
    V1.0 (April 16, 2002): Bulletin Created.
    V1.1 (May 16, 2002): Bulletin updated with download information for PowerPoint 98.
    V1.2 (February 28, 2003): Updated download links to Windows Update. Corrected links in Frequently Asked Questions section.

    Full bulletin details available at;
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-019.asp

    Cheers,
    Russ - Surgeon General of TruSecure Corporation/NTBugtraq Editor

    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Have you discovered a security vulnerability related to Windows or a
    commercial product which runs on Windows?

    Need assistance crafting the format or translating your advisory to English?

    Need to verify it, or having problems contacting the Vendor?

    Contact mailto:Advisories@NTBugtraq.com

    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    • Re: Safari carpet bomb exploit!!!
      ... Because of a flaw in Windows. ... insecure operating system known as Windows and get a Mac running OS X.. ... Mac Safari even downloading the darned thing, but at least it doesn't execute ... such a habitual liar that I can pretty much execute a 'liar' macro for her ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
    • Re: Safari carpet bomb exploit!!!
      ... Steve de Mena wrote: ... And by the way only the Windows version of Safari is affected. ... insecure operating system known as Windows and get a Mac running OS ... I thought a lot of files I download with Safari in OS X execute too. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
    • Re: Safari carpet bomb exploit!!!
      ... And by the way only the Windows version of Safari is affected. ... The word Mac doesn't even appear in the blog, ... Zara is such a habitual liar that I can pretty much execute a 'liar' macro for her posts and I'd be correct most of the time. ... So let's talk about lying. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
    • Re: Safari carpet bomb exploit!!!
      ... And by the way only the Windows version of Safari is affected. ... The word Mac doesn't ... I thought a lot of files I download with Safari in OS X execute too. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
    • Re: Safari carpet bomb exploit!!!
      ... And by the way only the Windows version of Safari is affected. ... The word Mac doesn't even ... Mac Safari even downloading the darned thing, but at least it doesn't execute ... I probably should not have called zara a liar in this case, ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)