windows update on XP Pro and MS02-013

From: Marc Bejarano (marc.bejarano@OPENWAVE.COM)
Date: 10/25/02

Date:         Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:17:23 -0400
From: Marc Bejarano <marc.bejarano@OPENWAVE.COM>
To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

any body else have windows update suddenly tell them that they need to
install the MS02-013 update (aka "Security Update, March 4, 2002")?

i'm running XP Pro SP1 with all the latest/greatest patches and windows
update's installation history shows that this update was successfully
installed on 3/22/02.

i seem to have the correct VM installed, too:
==
[beej@beej-lap]~:{502}:$ jview
Microsoft (R) Command-line Loader for Java Version 5.00.3805
==

ideas?

marc

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Files required to use Windows Update are no longer registered
    ... Windows Update was not working. ... This will ensure that required system files are present. ... then it would behoove you to do a Repair Installation. ... I clicked on 'install' and then got the usual error message "Files required ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Fix for Error 8000FFF aka KB929777
    ... Microsoft Windows Update Support Professional. ... The installation is affected by some third-party security software. ... In Safe Mode, any security software will ... Icon to click in order to attach a file. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: Fix for Error 8000FFF aka KB929777
    ... Microsoft Windows Update Support Professional. ... The installation is affected by some third-party security software. ... In Safe Mode, any security software will ... Icon to click in order to attach a file. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: WINDOWS UPDATE FAILS WITH NO ERROR MESSAGE
    ... loded after I did a repair of XP SP2 from the original installation disk two ... Windows Update now downloads and installs the new 7.0.600.381 ... prevents Microsoft's 80 latest patches from installing — ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows Update
    ... Patches installed by Windows Update and Automatic Update will be listed in ... History - link on left side of main WU page "View Installation History" - or ... > After a year I did the windows update to my servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update)