Recent Postcard Sent To You

From: Chris Conley (cconley@C-SOLUTIONS-INC.COM)
Date: 10/26/02

Date:         Sat, 26 Oct 2002 12:26:31 -0500
From: Chris Conley <cconley@C-SOLUTIONS-INC.COM>
To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

Hi,

   I hope all is going well with you.

   I very recently received an e-mail which included a link to an e-card at
FriendGreetings.com. I didn't know it at the time, but this link leads you
to install a program which allows that website to e-mail everyone in your
contact list a similar e-mail for FriendGreetings.com. I never run things
like this, but the e-mail seemed innocent enough at the time, not knowing it
sends an e-mail to everyone in your contact list. Hindsight is 20-20. So if
you get/got this e-mail, you probably don't want to open it. And if it
didn't install properly, all the better.

   In the meantime, if it did install on your system, to uninstall the
program go to Add/remove Programs in the Control panel and uninstall two
programs in this area. One of them is called 'WinSrv Reg' the other is
called 'Friend Greetings'.

   My apologies for any inconvenience this e-mail may have caused/cause.

   Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Best Wishes,

Chris Conley
(918) 289-5554

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Need help saving computer
    ... > I am trying to clean up and fix my cousin's girlfriend's computer. ... > This machine is a Dell Dimension with an OEM install of XP Home. ... Post-SP2 Windows Firewall Information/guidance: ... How to Manually Uninstall Norton: ...
  • Re: Cleaning Bloatware from new laptop
    ... the simplest method is to use: ... Control Panel | Uninstall ... install them before you can uninstall them: ...
  • Re: IE will not access HTTPS sites Suddenly
    ... Ok...you installed a trial of Acrobat 7, and still had an earlier version of ... As for the problem accessing secure sites, see if anything here will help ... Uninstall MSN Messenger from the Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel ... install Reader just to access .pdf files. ...
  • Re: ?for an MVP regarding dot Net updates recieved today repeating the
    ... I could not uninstall any .NET installation (missing ... Also you need to keep the 3 versions of .net framework on your computer ... The steps from Microsoft Security Tech Support and from Aaron Stebner's ... NOT try to install that update. ...
  • RE: Cannot Install Windows Media Player 11 beta
    ... Reg Parser: Obtained value 'setup' for attribute 'TYPE'. ... Obtained value 'Windows Media Format Runtime provides efficient ... install, and uninstall capabilities for Windows Media Player. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)