Re: Alert: Microsoft Security Bulletin - MS02-061

From: Betka, Corey (CBetka@ADMIN.HOUSING.UIUC.EDU)
Date: 10/17/02

Date:         Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:52:25 -0500
From: "Betka, Corey" <CBetka@ADMIN.HOUSING.UIUC.EDU>
To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

Long time subscriber, first time poster.

Is anyone else really annoyed that MS keeps re-releasing the same Q316333
hotfix over and over again with different files and different scripts AND no
installer?

I've hacked together a batch file to install it (for the MS02-056 iteration)
and now the MS02-061 iteration has come out and I'm not sure what to do. By
comparing the datetime stamps, I know only 2 files have changed,
SecurityHotfix.sql and xpweb70.dll. Using WinDiff, SecurityHotfix.sql hasn't
really changed, just it's timestamp has been updated.

So, if I've installed MS02-056, is the only file I need to update
xpweb70.dll? If that's the case, there's nothing in the readme.txt that
leads me to believe that.

Thanks,

Corey Betka