Re: Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 (SP3)

From: Russ (Russ.Cooper@RC.ON.CA)
Date: 07/31/02

Date:         Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:57:52 -0400
From: Russ <Russ.Cooper@RC.ON.CA>
To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

Come on folks, take your time before you bother sending a message to the list saying something isn't so.

1. The URLs below, as posted by Toby, lead to complete downloads of W2K SP3 Final Release. If you're getting an error on either of the first two URLs, its because you didn't bother to unwrap the URL before clicking on it. That you got a 404 should've tipped you off, but more than 50 of you instead quickly wrote a note to the list indicating the URLs don't work. Come on.

2. The "Official SP3 Website" does generate a 404, now, no doubt it was live when Toby saw it. MS have to make the site live at some point to ensure it can be reached. They may well have taken it down until the official release date tomorrow. All other references don't exist yet, again, because the official release date hasn't been reached.

3. The download is 125MB. I downloaded it before I sent Toby's message through. You think I wouldn't check such a claim first myself??

So, if you want it, unwrap the URL and download it, but please stop sending messages saying the URLs don't work.

Cheers,
Russ - NTBugtraq Editor