Re: Alert: Microsoft Security Bulletin - MS02-041

From: Russ (Russ.Cooper@RC.ON.CA)
Date: 06/24/02

Date:         Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:57:36 -0400
From: Russ <Russ.Cooper@RC.ON.CA>
To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

Hmmm...;-]

Looks like I need to do some checking on how I derive the bulletin number. The Alert and Revised messages that just went out both pertain to a revision to MS02-022, there is no MS02-041.

Sorry! Ergo, the message should have been;

This bulletin has been revised.
V1.0 (May 08, 2002): Bulletin Created.
V2.0 (June 11, 2002): Bulletin updated to advise customers that the fixes released on May 08, 2002 did not fully protect systems against the reintroduction of the older, vulnerable control and to annouce the availability of updated fixes.

Full bulletin details available at;
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-022.asp

Cheers,
Russ - Surgeon General of TruSecure Corporation/NTBugtraq Editor

Relevant Pages

  • ACBL changes
    ... I spotted this in the latest ACBL Bulletin and thought I'd pass it ... Currently, if it goes 2NT-3C and you play Puppet Stayman, ... Bulletin article) under the heading "Alert Procedures", ... alertability of anything else. ...
    (rec.games.bridge)
  • Re: In the ACBL Bulletin
    ... chooses to alert it, but I certainly wouldn't fault anybody who put ... "the Weak NT player will alert this" in the Bulletin. ... As you have gathered, all my posts so far have assumed the wrong sequence, so this is the first post about the correct sequence. ...
    (rec.games.bridge)
  • Re: Appeals Case 11
    ... The defending side was upset to learn afterward that the declarer had ... looked something up before the Bulletin article was written. ... The ACBL alert policy certainly does not include an alert or announcement for any range for a 1NT bid in this sequence. ...
    (rec.games.bridge)
  • Re: Appeals Case 11
    ... From the Alert Procedures: "If it is your partnership style ... rebid following reponders's suit bid if the rebid shows the equivalent ... of a strong 1NT opening bid." ... looked something up before the Bulletin article was written. ...
    (rec.games.bridge)
  • Security Mailing List
    ... >Is there any SÚcurity Mailing that alert when a Security ... >Bulletin is published? ...
    (microsoft.public.security)