Re: Alert: Microsoft Security Bulletin - MS02-041

From: Russ (Russ.Cooper@RC.ON.CA)
Date: 06/24/02

Date:         Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:57:36 -0400
From: Russ <Russ.Cooper@RC.ON.CA>
To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

Hmmm...;-]

Looks like I need to do some checking on how I derive the bulletin number. The Alert and Revised messages that just went out both pertain to a revision to MS02-022, there is no MS02-041.

Sorry! Ergo, the message should have been;

This bulletin has been revised.
V1.0 (May 08, 2002): Bulletin Created.
V2.0 (June 11, 2002): Bulletin updated to advise customers that the fixes released on May 08, 2002 did not fully protect systems against the reintroduction of the older, vulnerable control and to annouce the availability of updated fixes.

Full bulletin details available at;
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-022.asp

Cheers,
Russ - Surgeon General of TruSecure Corporation/NTBugtraq Editor