Re: Alert: Microsoft Security Bulletin - MS02-021

From: Francis Favorini (francis.favorini@DUKE.EDU)
Date: 04/26/02

Date:         Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:25:54 -0400
From: Francis Favorini <francis.favorini@DUKE.EDU>

This bulletin says it doesn't supercede any other bulletins, but it seems to
me that is must supercede the following bulletins that all replaced
winword.exe in Office 2000 and/or Office XP.

MS00-071 Word Mail Merge Vulnerability
MS01-028 RTF document linked to template can run macros without warning
MS01-034 Malformed Word Document Could Enable Macro to Run Automatically

Am I missing something?

I also not that if I do a search of bulletins pertaining to Office XP Gold
or SP1, no results are returned in either case. I'm pretty sure there are
at least 4 patches for Gold and 1 for SP1. This is using

What ever happened to that great plan to improve security at Microsoft? I
just don't understand why they can't set up a single, unified database that
has all the hotfix and service pack info in it, so that all the hodge podge
of security tools and queries can give the correct answers.