Free HFNetChkProFrom: Bob Lochen (bob.lochen@SHAVLIK.COM)
- Previous message: GreyMagic Software: "Re: IE allows universal Cross Site Scripting (TL#002)"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:33:00 -0500 From: Bob Lochen <bob.lochen@SHAVLIK.COM> To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM
Due to the importance of staying current with hotfixes and service
packs, Shavlik Technologies is offering a limited version of HFNetChkPro
free of charge. This free version will scan local and remote systems,
individually, for missing OS patches and service packs and allow you to
push and install individual patches. There is no timeout and although
the functionality is limited, the free version is still a powerful tool
in aiding the network administrator in the ongoing quest to stay
Limitations of the free version:
- Scan single local or remote machines.
- Push single patches
- No advanced features such as scheduling, file input, server types,
messaging, remote shutdown/restart, IP scanning.
- Single report (Patches by Machine).
To download your free patch-push version of HFNetChkPro go to
ftp.shavlik.com. Enter 'hfademofree' and 'hfademofree430' for the
username and password. The free version will scan one machine at a time
for OS patches and allow you to push one patch at a time. There is no
timeout for the free version. Contact us at email@example.com with any
questions or problems downloading.
* Shavlik HFNetChkPro adds remote PatchPush, an open SQL database, full
GUI, and detailed network-wide reporting to Microsoft's HFNetChk to
provide you with a strong network security management solution.
* Shavlik HFNetChkPro Inspects Registry keys, file versions, and file
checksums to assure valid patch detection, an industry leading solution.
Thanks for your time and consideration.