Alert: MS02-018 and NT 4.0 Terminal Servers

From: Russ (Russ.Cooper@RC.ON.CA)
Date: 04/16/02

Date:         Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:17:51 -0400
From: Russ <Russ.Cooper@RC.ON.CA>
To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

FYI, there is no version of this patch yet available for NT 4.0 Terminal
Server Edition. I have had numerous people contact me about their Citrix
NFuse system crashing after applying MS02-018. Some people deploy NFuse
on a separate IIS box, not running NT 4.0 Terminal Server (just running
NT 4.0 Server), while others deploy it on their MetaFrame cluster.

If you have NFuse on a non-TS box, you can deploy MS02-018 (obviously),
but if its on your TS box, you cannot.

I have asked Microsoft for an ETA on the TS version of this cumulative
roll-up, but so far I've had no response.

Cheers,
Russ - NTBugtraq Editor

Relevant Pages

  • FW: Win2K security roll out package and citrix xp
    ... I found this same this same problem with Citrix XP, running NFuse v1.5. ... --Citrix NFuse web server serving the access to the Published Applications ... environment, and probably shows, yet again, why ALL patches and updates need ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • RE: Is Citrix safe?
    ... NFuse is only managing ICA client browse traffice and not the ICA stream. ... certs from Web server to web browser and SSL-Relay from Nfuse to XML ... Subject: Is Citrix safe? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Securing Citrix NFuse and IIS 5
    ... NFUSE 1.7 doesn't really add a whole lot of vulnerability points to an IIS ... Harden the IIS server, ... Use SSL for communications between your NFUSE server and Citrix Data ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Nfuse Mischbetrieb XP und Presentation Server
    ... habe bereits 2 von 4 Servern auf Presentation Server upgedatet. ... (The metaframe server farm reported ... dass Nfuse solange funktioniert bis alle Metaframe ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windows.terminaldienste)
  • Re: Cant Mount Mailbox Store or Publick Folder Store
    ... My citrix is working now using ICA Client but after I tried to restart my Mail Server. ... "Mukesh" wrote: ... Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)