Re: Alert: Microsoft Security Bulletin - MS02-016

From: Jeff Kratka (jkratka@TYMEWYSE.COM)
Date: 04/11/02

Date:         Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:51:56 -0700
From: Jeff Kratka <jkratka@TYMEWYSE.COM>
To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

I am sorry if I am posting to the incorrect place but I felt this was
something that hopefully others will not find.

After installing this hotfix Q318593 and re-booting my radius server I would
receive the error
 "The system process lsass.exe terminated unexpectedly with status
code -1073741819. The system will now shut down and restart." and the server
continues to re-boot, over and over. Come to find out that there is a
hotfix for this hotfix which did not work either. After re-starting the
machine in "Safe Mode" and uninstalling this hotfix, everything worked ok.

Just thought others would like to know.

Jeff Kratka

TymeWyse Internet
P.O.Box 84 - 583 N. Main St., Canyonville, OR 97417
tel/fax: (541) 839-6027 - info@tymewyse.com

  • Hotfix for KB835732
    ... computer hungs and system process uses almost 100% of cpu. ... Ive read microsoft bulletins and there is a hotfix for ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update)
  • Re: Hotfix for KB835732
    ... The kb article directs you as to where/how to obtain the hotfix ... Im experiencing problems when installing KB835732. ... computer hungs and system process uses almost 100% of cpu. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update)
  • Re: Failure Audity (Security) every 15 minutes
    ... I actually found the hotfix just before reading your post and am re-booting ... the server now! ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)