Win2K security roll out package and citrix xp

From: Philip Walley (philip.walley@CONSULTRIX.NET)
Date: 04/09/02

Date:         Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:27:00 -0500
From: Philip Walley <philip.walley@CONSULTRIX.NET>
To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

FYI...

I recently cam across a situation with the security roll out package. It
seems that installing this update on a Citrix XP server will cause
authentication to fail for all users except admin. While I do not know
the specifics of what occurs, users will be told that "the login
credentials supplied are incorrect, please make sure caps lock is not
on. Etc."

I contacted Citrix to learn that they are aware of this authentication
issue and was supplied a hotfix by them. I did have to install the
hotfix ( in install mode) a couple of times before it actually worked on
the servers.

Philip D. Walley
Network Consultant
Consultrix Technologies
Phone: 601-956-8909 ext. 305
Fax: 601-956-8409

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 802.1x Wired Auth and Authentication
    ... i've got user auth working for EAP-TLS, but computer auth still won't work. ... But it sounds to me like you didn't even install an ... This means that you have an IAS authentication extension DLL ... I assume you have issued a server ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.radius)
  • Re: 802.1x Wired Auth and Authentication
    ... But it sounds to me like you didn't even install an ... This means that you have an IAS authentication extension DLL ... I assume you have issued a server ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.radius)
  • Re: trying to get the windows icq program QQ to work under etch
    ... get it to install, but when I try to run it the thing dies and I get: ... No reason except that I can't connect to the QQ server using gaim. ... I saw where they have fixed some authentication issues ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Adding a citrix server to SBS 2003
    ... We are going the Citrix route as this is mostly what our clients want and it's good to demo on the same platform. ... The problem with the SBS terminal services that is that you cant run it in application mode on the server, so you still need a second box. ... It might be more cost effective to use Terminal Services on your SBS domain ... I plan to install a seperate 2003 server and add it into the SBS domain and ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Printing to local IP bases printer
    ... you will not be able to install Citrix. ... SBS2003 server (what you call TS is really only Remote Desktop for ... buy an XP client for your users, and let remote users connect to ...