Re: DebPloit (exploit)

From: David Wentworth (David.Wentworth@UCOP.EDU)
Date: 04/02/02

Date:         Mon, 1 Apr 2002 17:40:54 -0800
From: David Wentworth <David.Wentworth@UCOP.EDU>
To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

Folks, I'm wondering why this exploit hasn't generated any discussion, even
after the eWeek article about it last Friday (
http://www.eweek.com/article/0,3658,s=1884&a=24761,00.asp ). Has anyone
applied the fix? Or are you waiting for Microsoft to fix it? Or are you not
worried about it?

         Dave

At 12:30 PM 3/14/2002 +0100, you wrote:
> allows everyone to get handles to ANY process and thread
>(and further to become administrator. etc...) in Windows NT 4.0 and Windows
>2000 (maybe 3.51 too).
>http://www.anticracking.sk/EliCZ/bugs/DebPloit.zip contains
>details and fix. Microsoft was notified about it.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SVCHOST.exe & Auto update program causing CPU to run at 100%
    ... Michael. ... out with a fix for this as of 30 Apr, and I would recommend that you ... For those using Windows Server - Courtesy of Bobby Harter, Program Manager, ... WSUS, Microsoft, WSUS 3.0 was released on April 30th and is avaialble now on ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Users Can Not Paste
    ... Pack 4 for Windows 2000 should be helpful. ... Microsoft Online Partner Support ... |>A supported fix is now available from Microsoft, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.apps)
  • Re: Backup crashes my computer
    ... I just got an email from Microsoft. ... there is no fix to date for Windows Media Menter 2005. ... to crash when attempting a backup. ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: Planning on buying Vista?
    ... same approach as Microsoft. ... no-cost fix, other than the cost of downloading it. ... Windows that obviously wouldn't be available at no-cost. ... the upgrade to any new version of Windows ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: svc host message error? what can i do?- official response!
    ... only reinstall KB873333 after the "fix" is available. ... > But the main thing is not to miss the fix when it's available. ... and which you say yourself below that microsoft are ... >> Windows XP Error During Shutdown: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)