Administrivia #35997 - Can you help with an ADM contract?

From: Russ (Russ.Cooper@RC.ON.CA)
Date: 02/28/02

Date:         Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:20:10 -0500
From: Russ <Russ.Cooper@RC.ON.CA>
To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

I'm working on a project involving the Group Policy Object and ADM
files. I need some assistance. I need someone who has used GPO and ADM
before and has experience with their effect on end-users.

The work involves creating, modifying, installing and testing ADM files.
You'll need a server and at least one workstation machine. You'll also
need MSDN (for Exchange, SQL, etc...). Preference will be given to
anyone who has a test network setup within a corporation for testing
such things.

I can probably afford a couple of weeks worth of your efforts.
Interested and experienced parties, available immediately, please
contact me directly at Russ.Cooper@rc.on.ca or 705.878.3405.

Cheers,
Russ - NTBugtraq Editor

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Windows 2kserver with XP clients - Policies
    ... you mean that you want to control specific XP settings ... Another thing you can do is to import .ADM templates from a Windows ... On a XP machine install a registry monitor tool which monitors the ... if you want to have a gPO setting that disables the ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: GPO Question
    ... You can continue to create and edit GPOs from Win2K. ... Win2K, it will have Win2K ADMs so as soon as it is opened by an XP, SP2 ... the GPO will be updated. ... chances are they are still supported in the newer ADM ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: GPO Question
    ... The default behavior is that if you create a new GPO or open one ... I think its easiest if you can always edit them ... newer ADM gets onto one of your Win2K systems. ... >>have policies already set up. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: GPO missing some options
    ... You can download the .ADM files for various operating systems and service ... > options are missing on the already created gpo objects. ...
  • Re: W2003 GP application problem from different DCs
    ... the GPO will, by default, update that GPO's ADMs. ... is a replication problem, its possible but typically when there are ... > But if client get the GP from second DC, ... > There may be a trouble with adm file versions. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)