Administrivia #36094 - MS Security Bulletin Notification

From: Russ (Russ.Cooper@RC.ON.CA)
Date: 02/26/02

Date:         Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:31:07 -0500
From: Russ <Russ.Cooper@RC.ON.CA>
To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

Folks,

Due to overwhelming support (82.2%, 2400+ votes) I'm implementing a new
system I've created to notify NTBugtraq when there's a new Microsoft
Security Bulletin.

When a new Microsoft Security Bulletin is available on Microsoft's
website, a message will be sent to NTBugtraq automatically which
excerpts the Summary and some of the Technical Details section. It
should provide enough information, including a link to the page, so that
you'll know whether or not its something you need to deal with.

This works automatically, allowing me to occasionally sleep, so it may
not always look 100% (I do my own parsing of the MS webpage, and MS
manually edit their webpages during creation, so they aren't always
consistent enough for me to catch everything.

Anyway, this message is a heads up. I'm going to do a test based on the
last bulletin released, MS02-010, so expect to see this Alert in the
next few minutes.

Cheers,
Russ - NTBugtraq Editor

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Delivery co-sponsored by Qualys - Make Your Network Secure
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Go Beyond PARTIAL Security: FREE White Paper

Stop hassling with half-baked ENTERPRISE SECURITY.
FREE White Paper shows you how to ensure TOTAL security for your Internet
perimeter with the most current and most complete PROACTIVE Vulnerability
Assessment solution. Get your FREE White Paper now. Click here!
https://www.qualys.com/forms/techwhite_86.html
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Relevant Pages