Administrivia #36340 - Coffee with Cooper

From: Russ (Russ.Cooper@RC.ON.CA)
Date: 02/13/02

Date:         Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:49:06 -0500
From: Russ <Russ.Cooper@RC.ON.CA>
To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

Hey folks, I'm relying on you to give me some good questions to answer!

Pull up your favorite cup of java and get your list of Microsoft
security questions ready: the Surgeon General's OPEN FOR BUSINESS.
That's right, beginning February 20th, and continuing every other month
throughout the year, TruSecure is presenting our "Coffee with Cooper"
webinar series, featuring me, Russ Cooper, TruSecure Surgeon General,
and editor of NTBugtraq, the leading source of security information
related to the Windows environment.

This month's topic: "SECURING MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER V5.5 AND 6.0"

It seems like every few weeks there's another article in the mainstream
press about some new vulnerability in Microsoft's Internet Explorer. Are
you protected against the next weakness to be exploited? Is it even a
legitimate threat? How's an Administrator to know?

Join me for an informal, 60-minute, "live" Q&A session as I answer your
Microsoft-related security questions, while also providing specific
guidance on how to:

- Keep track of which IE security issues are important, and;

- Proactively configure your Internet Explorer environment to prevent
the possibility of future vulnerabilities affecting your corporation.

I will be taking your emailed questions up to one week in advance of the
webinar, and will then answer those questions, plus "live" questions
over the phone or online, as time permits. Topic suggestions are also
encouraged and are subject to change. To submit your questions, please
email them to: events@trusecure.com, and be sure to include the topic
you are submitting on in the subject line.

Sign up today via;

http://www.trusecure.com/offer/e0095/

The webinars are free, although you will have to put up with an email
and/or call from our Marketing department afterwards.

Cheers,
Russ - Surgeon General of TruSecure Corporation/NTBugtraq Editor

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Delivery co-sponsored by Qualys - Make Your Network Secure
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Go Beyond PARTIAL Security: FREE White Paper

Stop hassling with half-baked ENTERPRISE SECURITY.
FREE White Paper shows you how to ensure TOTAL security for your Internet
perimeter with the most current and most complete PROACTIVE Vulnerability
Assessment solution. Get your FREE White Paper now. Click here!
https://www.qualys.com/forms/techwhite_86.html
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Relevant Pages

  • [NT] Vulnerability in JView Profiler Could Allow Remote Code Execution (MS05-037)
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... through Internet Explorer, this update sets the kill bit for the JView ... * Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1 and Microsoft Windows XP Service ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: Security warning zone?
    ... Service presented in Internet Explorer Enhanced Security. ... you may removed Internet Explorer Enhanced ... Click Close and reboot the server. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Security warning zone?
    ... Service presented in Internet Explorer Enhanced Security. ... you may removed Internet Explorer Enhanced ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: [News] IE7 Botched
    ... | Microsoft didn't do anything with IE until they were recently forced to ... Wake up and smell the IE7! ... Ferris released details of a potential | security flaw in IE 7. ... Internet Explorer 7 or Firefox 2.0? ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • [NT] MS06-042 Related Internet Explorer Crash is Exploitable
    ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... MS06-042 Related Internet Explorer 'Crash' is Exploitable ... On August 8th Microsoft released MS06-042 which was a cumulative update ... of this patch various Internet Explorer users and businesses started to ...
    (Securiteam)