Critical Update disables Exchange Admin

From: Timothy Johnson (tjohnson@SANDISK.COM)
Date: 02/05/02

Date:         Tue, 5 Feb 2002 10:52:44 -0800
From: Timothy Johnson <tjohnson@SANDISK.COM>
To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

On our site we have had three laptops running Windows 2000 SP2 with all
critical updates stop communicating with our Exchange server as soon as they
installed the latest Security Rollup (Q311401). The error received is
DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM. Uninstalling the update via the Add/Remove
Programs Control Panel applet will restore functionality.
Products Affected:
        Windows 2000 SP2
        Exchange Admin 5.5 (fresh install and SP4)

Tim Johnson
SanDisk

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Go Beyond PARTIAL Security: FREE White Paper

Stop hassling with half-baked ENTERPRISE SECURITY.
FREE White Paper shows you how to ensure TOTAL security for your Internet
perimeter with the most current and most complete PROACTIVE Vulnerability
Assessment solution. Get your FREE White Paper now. Click here!
https://www.qualys.com/forms/techwhite_86.html
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Deploy Security Patch with SMS 2003
    ... Security fix? ... It is a settings change to block one way of exploiting the ... >> Deploying Software Updates Using the SMS Software Distribution Feature: ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.swdist)
  • Followup to Windows 2000 unable to unload registry hive
    ... The common cause of the registry hive's inability to unload in all cases ... to count on profiles always unloading correctly. ... Stop hassling with half-baked ENTERPRISE SECURITY. ... FREE White Paper shows you how to ensure TOTAL security for your Internet ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • Re: Download for MS02-009 available
    ... The redistributable patch for the IE Cross-domain VBScripting problem, ... Stop hassling with half-baked ENTERPRISE SECURITY. ... FREE White Paper shows you how to ensure TOTAL security for your Internet ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • Re: "New Security Upgrade" emailed from MS Technical services
    ... Microsoft NEVER sends Email with attachments. ... To protect the safety and security of your computer: ... Install ALL Critical Updates IMMEDIATELY. ... "bob" wrote in message ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: How to get a list of hotfixes?
    ... I need a list of all security and critical updates that have been released ... Messaging and Security, MCT, MCITP, MCTS and other stuff ... a Microsoft Certified Gold Partner ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.clustering)