Critical Update disables Exchange Admin

From: Timothy Johnson (tjohnson@SANDISK.COM)
Date: 02/05/02

Date:         Tue, 5 Feb 2002 10:52:44 -0800
From: Timothy Johnson <tjohnson@SANDISK.COM>
To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

On our site we have had three laptops running Windows 2000 SP2 with all
critical updates stop communicating with our Exchange server as soon as they
installed the latest Security Rollup (Q311401). The error received is
DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEM. Uninstalling the update via the Add/Remove
Programs Control Panel applet will restore functionality.
Products Affected:
        Windows 2000 SP2
        Exchange Admin 5.5 (fresh install and SP4)

Tim Johnson
SanDisk

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Go Beyond PARTIAL Security: FREE White Paper

Stop hassling with half-baked ENTERPRISE SECURITY.
FREE White Paper shows you how to ensure TOTAL security for your Internet
perimeter with the most current and most complete PROACTIVE Vulnerability
Assessment solution. Get your FREE White Paper now. Click here!
https://www.qualys.com/forms/techwhite_86.html
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo