Re: Important note about NoHTML and Outlook 2002

From: Geoffrey Moon (gmoon@ALLIEDNA.COM)
Date: 12/17/01

Date:         Mon, 17 Dec 2001 16:47:30 -0500
From: Geoffrey Moon <gmoon@ALLIEDNA.COM>
To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

While they mention it in the KB article, it may not be obvious that
*everything* gets converted to plain text, not just HTML, so you lose all
Rich Text message formatting too. A bit overkill when all you want to do is
nuke HTML.

Why is Microsoft making is so hard to kill HTML mail???!!!

Geoff

Carrick Mundell <mundellc@exponent.com> was nice enough to point out;

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q307594

which is a KB article that describes how to get Outlook 2002/XP + SP1 to do
exactly what NoHTML does, and more.
Protect your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption!
Get VeriSign's FREE guide, "Securing Your Web Site for Business." You will
learn everything you need to know about using SSL to encrypt your e-commerce
transactions for serious online security. Click here!
http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?a=n016065650057000

  • Re: How to post a web form to an external isapi?
    ... GET or POST method without encryption gives the same result. ... If you are able to connect over SSL channel, ... Well the server im posting to uses SSL encryption. ... This html page aslo has a onload event on its ...
  • [kde] Re: Desktop effects with intel 945
    ... plain text only, but last time I did not consciously send the HTML ... window translucency can be useful at times as ... However, if you want, you /can/ actually switch to compiz for KDE's window ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: New Imformation: Also Kellys Line 227 Left: Set IE Fonts
    ... that is different than posting html. ... included via plain text and are on rare occasions here. ... 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award ... > *what notepad is or where I can find it*--it was introduced in Windows 95 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: New Imformation: Also Kellys Line 227 Left: Set IE Fonts
    ... that is different than posting html. ... included via plain text and are on rare occasions here. ... 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award ... > *what notepad is or where I can find it*--it was introduced in Windows 95 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: New Imformation: Also Kellys Line 227 Left: Set IE Fonts
    ... that is different than posting html. ... included via plain text and are on rare occasions here. ... 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award ... > *what notepad is or where I can find it*--it was introduced in Windows 95 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)