MS01-056

From: Rafuse, Doug (is15747@ATB.COM)
Date: 11/20/01

Date:         Tue, 20 Nov 2001 14:37:11 -0700
From: "Rafuse, Doug" <is15747@ATB.COM>
Subject:      MS01-056
To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

Microsoft states that a reboot is not required for this patch, at their
website. This patch definitely restarts the machine at the the end...

Also, they never seem to get the command line switches either standardized
or documented correctly(!) when building these things. I definitely need
this aspect of applying patches as I tend to do them on a mass basis with
SMS.

Doug Rafuse
IBM Canada Ltd

BEST-OF-BREED ANTIVIRUS SOLUTION FOR MICROSOFT EXCHANGE 2000
Earn 5% rebate on licenses purchased for Trend Micro ScanMail for
Microsoft Exchange 2000 between October 1 and November 16. ScanMail
ensures 100% scanning of inbound and outbound traffic and provides
remote software management. For program details or to download your
30-day FREE evaluation copy:
http://www.antivirus.com/banners/tracking.asp?si=53&bi=245&ul=http://www.a
ntivirus.com/smex2000_rebate

Relevant Pages