Mcafee V6.0 Virusscan problem.

From: Clive E. Flint (clive@CLIVE.CLARA.NET)
Date: 11/12/01

Date:         Mon, 12 Nov 2001 22:36:34 -0000
From: "Clive E. Flint" <clive@CLIVE.CLARA.NET>
Subject:      Mcafee V6.0 Virusscan problem.
To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

I have installed V6.0 of Mcafee Virus Scan that I had to download due to
earlier versions not compatible with Windows XP. It seems it is a bit
buggy. If you unselect the firewall it crashes on install. It then said
it had expired and now I can't get the control program to run although
the software does appear to be checking my files. I would like to be
able to configure it though.

I spoke to Mcafee who said it had happened to a lot of people and to try
to install it in safe mode. Have tried it but, guess what, the installer
program doesn't run in safe mode.

They did say they would send me a file to fix the expired problem.

I always thought that Dr Solomons/Mcafee was a reasonable program and
would recommend it to others. Not so sure any more.

Clive

BEST-OF-BREED ANTIVIRUS SOLUTION FOR MICROSOFT EXCHANGE 2000
Earn 5% rebate on licenses purchased for Trend Micro ScanMail for
Microsoft Exchange 2000 between October 1 and November 16. ScanMail
ensures 100% scanning of inbound and outbound traffic and provides
remote software management. For program details or to download your
30-day FREE evaluation copy:
http://www.antivirus.com/banners/tracking.asp?siS&bi$5&ul=http://www.a
ntivirus.com/smex2000_rebate