Mcafee V6.0 Virusscan problem.

From: Clive E. Flint (clive@CLIVE.CLARA.NET)
Date: 11/12/01

Date:         Mon, 12 Nov 2001 22:36:34 -0000
From: "Clive E. Flint" <clive@CLIVE.CLARA.NET>
Subject:      Mcafee V6.0 Virusscan problem.
To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

I have installed V6.0 of Mcafee Virus Scan that I had to download due to
earlier versions not compatible with Windows XP. It seems it is a bit
buggy. If you unselect the firewall it crashes on install. It then said
it had expired and now I can't get the control program to run although
the software does appear to be checking my files. I would like to be
able to configure it though.

I spoke to Mcafee who said it had happened to a lot of people and to try
to install it in safe mode. Have tried it but, guess what, the installer
program doesn't run in safe mode.

They did say they would send me a file to fix the expired problem.

I always thought that Dr Solomons/Mcafee was a reasonable program and
would recommend it to others. Not so sure any more.

Clive

BEST-OF-BREED ANTIVIRUS SOLUTION FOR MICROSOFT EXCHANGE 2000
Earn 5% rebate on licenses purchased for Trend Micro ScanMail for
Microsoft Exchange 2000 between October 1 and November 16. ScanMail
ensures 100% scanning of inbound and outbound traffic and provides
remote software management. For program details or to download your
30-day FREE evaluation copy:
http://www.antivirus.com/banners/tracking.asp?siS&bi$5&ul=http://www.a
ntivirus.com/smex2000_rebate

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Corrupt files in download -- cant install AV software
    ... each time McAfee tried to update ... it downloaded 12 updates. ... download files to my computer, ... to install it got to 57 percent and gave me the file is corrupt error. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Windows Installer 4.5
    ... There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hijackware infection! ... A Repair Install will NOT help! ... You may need to download the MSRT on a non-infected machine, then transfer MRT.EXE to the infected machine and rename it to SCAN.EXE before running it. ... I have used McAfee in the distant past....maybe 2 years ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: windows vista antivirus programs !!
    ... Download and run the Norton Removal Tool and try to get a refund: ... Removal tools for recent Mcafee products:- ... Reinstalling from a CD or download will only install your ... There are many good free AV applications available, ...
  • Re: McAfee and Comcast
    ... Could you tell me where I can download these programs? ... Once they are in a folder, what do I do to install them? ... before I erase McAfee, or do I need to get rid of McAfee first? ... with McAfee Security Suite included for $58 Mo. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: slow program and web page loads
    ... I purchased Fix-It utilities and that is when i found out my pc ... Therefore it means that the McAfee you had installed was way out of date. ... install and update the following software... ... FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)