Hotfix Q307454_W2K_SP3_x86_en.exe from Bulletin MS01-052 makes my terminal servers unavailable.

From: Kevin Remde (Kevin.Remde@KEWILL.COM)
Date: 10/18/01

Date:         Thu, 18 Oct 2001 15:28:00 -0500
From: Kevin Remde <Kevin.Remde@KEWILL.COM>
Subject:      Hotfix Q307454_W2K_SP3_x86_en.exe from Bulletin MS01-052 makes my terminal servers unavailable.
To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

I trustingly installed the hotfix described I the recent Microsoft Security
Bulletin MS01-052. Then to my dismay, my Terminal Servers were no longer
accessible to me.

At first I thought it was an XP - Release Candidate related thing (I'm
running RC1 'til my full copy arrives), but I see the same thing on the
Windows 2000 clients here also.

I installed the patch on the server, restarted, and now I can't connect
either using the built-in XP Remote Desktop Connection application, or the
old Terminal Services Client. When I uninstalled the hotfix and restarted
the server, I was then able to connect again.

Anyone else seeing this? For me it was consistent across all servers and
clients I tested

Kevin A. Remde
Information Systems Manager
Kewill ERP

BEST-OF-BREED ANTIVIRUS SOLUTION FOR MICROSOFT EXCHANGE 2000
Earn 5% rebate on licenses purchased for Trend Micro ScanMail for
Microsoft Exchange 2000 between October 1 and November 16. ScanMail
ensures 100% scanning of inbound and outbound traffic and provides
remote software management. For program details or to download your
30-day FREE evaluation copy:
http://www.antivirus.com/banners/tracking.asp?si=53&bi=245&ul=http://www.a
ntivirus.com/smex2000_rebate