Hotfix Q307454_W2K_SP3_x86_en.exe from Bulletin MS01-052 makes my terminal servers unavailable.

From: Kevin Remde (Kevin.Remde@KEWILL.COM)
Date: 10/18/01

Date:         Thu, 18 Oct 2001 15:28:00 -0500
From: Kevin Remde <Kevin.Remde@KEWILL.COM>
Subject:      Hotfix Q307454_W2K_SP3_x86_en.exe from Bulletin MS01-052 makes my terminal servers unavailable.

I trustingly installed the hotfix described I the recent Microsoft Security
Bulletin MS01-052. Then to my dismay, my Terminal Servers were no longer
accessible to me.

At first I thought it was an XP - Release Candidate related thing (I'm
running RC1 'til my full copy arrives), but I see the same thing on the
Windows 2000 clients here also.

I installed the patch on the server, restarted, and now I can't connect
either using the built-in XP Remote Desktop Connection application, or the
old Terminal Services Client. When I uninstalled the hotfix and restarted
the server, I was then able to connect again.

Anyone else seeing this? For me it was consistent across all servers and
clients I tested

Kevin A. Remde
Information Systems Manager
Kewill ERP

Delivery co-sponsored by Trend Micro, Inc.
Earn 5% rebate on licenses purchased for Trend Micro ScanMail for
Microsoft Exchange 2000 between October 1 and November 16. ScanMail
ensures 100% scanning of inbound and outbound traffic and provides
remote software management. For program details or to download your
30-day FREE evaluation copy:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problems with having 1 domain, 2 sites and site-site vpn with isa 2004
    ... Contact Microsoft to obtain the hotfix. ... Kind regards ... >>> disconnections etc. etc. on 1 or even both servers the rras services ...
  • RE: old 5.5 servers
    ... If we have hotfix for it now I had really told you to install it. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... | Thread-Topic: old 5.5 servers ...
  • Re: Windows 2008 SBS - Intermittent Server Hang / Non-Responsive
    ... Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] ... A Microsoft Registered Partner ... Both servers will stop allowing access to shares, ... am unable to locate this Hotfix. ...
  • Re: Exchange 2003 crashing
    ... Our problem was fixed by a private hotfix given to us by Microsoft. ... updates that have yet to be installed - this is why they said we got ... We have two Exchange servers in a fail-over cluster. ...
  • RE: Remote Web Workspace
    ... The information about servers is pulled from the Active Directory. ... have two Terminal servers in application mode the user should be able to ... Microsoft Online Support Engineer ... For SBS 2000 issues, post to: ...