Re: FTP User Account Access failure after Promotion to PDC ??

From: PeterB (peter@INKVINE.FLUFF.ORG)
Date: 10/16/01

Date:         Tue, 16 Oct 2001 19:44:59 +0100
From: PeterB <peter@INKVINE.FLUFF.ORG>
Subject:      Re: FTP User Account Access failure after Promotion to PDC ??
To: NTBUGTRAQ@LISTSERV.NTBUGTRAQ.COM

On Sat, 13 Oct 2001, Steve McEachern wrote:

> Another bug it seems is that custom error pages cannot be .ASP At least
> their is no advantage if they are. You have to point the "Custom Error
> Page" to a .HTM document with a client-side redirect to the desired ASP page
> to get it to parse itself. For example setting up and causing Error404.ASP
> to be called results in no inline scripting being executed when called
> directly? A major purpose of custom error pages is to at least continue to
> offer a websites navigation when a page cannot be found. Most web
> developers have their navigation inside includes given that in most cases it
> is a global aspect. Is this a further oversite or is there again a simple
> solution which has been lost in the chaos. One thing is certain and that is
> "it is not intuitive".
I might be misunderstanding here, but I think you've simply set the error
page incorrectly.

If your error page is something other than static HTML, you have to use a
"URL" type error page, not a "File" type error page. If you use URL as
the type, it will correctly hand over to an .asp (.aspx, .shtml,
.whatever) page. If you use a File it'll just spit out the text without
any ISAPI processing.

A few things to take note. If a URL type error is used, your error page
MUST set the HTTP response itself (or else it'll default to 200 OK). The
error number and the address that generated the error are passed as a
parameter to your URL (if you have a custom 404 handler called
404handler.asp, someone generating a 404 Not Found will get sent to
http://www.site.tld/404handler.asp?404;http://www.site.tld/badfilename.blah

This is all nicely documented in the IIS help files. The default IIS web
site uses this mechanism for at least one error message (the 500-100
error). I'm not sure how it could be made any more intuitive; it didn't
seem complicated to me. I just picked "URL" from the dropdown box.

--
Peter                                              peter@inkvine.fluff.org
http://www.inkvine.fluff.org/~peter/

logic kicks ass: (1) Horses have an even number of legs. (2) They have two legs in back and fore legs in front. (3) This makes a total of six legs, which certainly is an odd number of legs for a horse. (4) But the only number that is both odd and even is infinity. (5) Therefore, horses must have an infinite number of legs.

============================================================================ Delivery co-sponsored by Trend Micro, Inc. ============================================================================ BEST-OF-BREED ANTIVIRUS SOLUTION FOR MICROSOFT EXCHANGE 2000 Earn 5% rebate on licenses purchased for Trend Micro ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange 2000 between October 1 and November 16. ScanMail ensures 100% scanning of inbound and outbound traffic and provides remote software management. For program details or to download your 30-day FREE evaluation copy: http://www.antivirus.com/banners/tracking.asp?si=53&bi=245&ul=http://www.a ntivirus.com/smex2000_rebate

Relevant Pages

  • Re: FS POTC
    ... hinges, coin door, legs, shooter housing, and bolts. ... On the door is a custom gold metal tourney w/button. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • FS: Attack From Mars - Restored - Expo delivery
    ... Just restored with new rubbers, bulbs, balls, legs, leg levelers. ... Little to no wear at all on playfield. ... it has a brand new set of cabinet decals. ... custom backboard decals, custom led's through out the game, custom ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Crazy? (on topic)
    ... that my wife has found the benefits of custom - if ... amateur-built - furniture) are entertaining a bunch of ... would tend to bow with a bunch of serving pieces ... It's comfortable for guys with long legs like mine. ...
    (rec.woodworking)