RE: PDA pen testing question

From: Sells, Marty (ISSAtlanta) (msells_at_iss.net)
Date: 02/08/05

    Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 11:18:00 -0500
    To: "Jon" <jonbrownisme@yahoo.com>, <pen-test@securityfocus.com>

    http://www.blackhat.com/presentations/bh-usa-03/bh-us-03-daymont.pdf

            -----Original Message-----
            From: Jon [mailto:jonbrownisme@yahoo.com]
            Sent: Tue 2/8/2005 8:09 AM
            To: pen-test@securityfocus.com
            Subject: PDA pen testing question

            I am looking into penetration testing of PDAs (Palm, Windows CE, Symbian etc.) at the application and OS level and was wondering if anyone has any knowlage in this area. Any pointers to tools, papers or other resources would be great.

            I was suprised that I could not find any real analysis of security mechanisms and their effectiveness in Windows CE (at least at the level of the @stake analysis of the Palm OS), but maybe I have not looked hard enough...

            Thanks, Jon