[Full-disclosure] IObit Protected Folder Authentication Bypass
- From: "Adam Behnke" <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 10:22:57 -0500
and files from being seen, read or modified in Windows 7, Vista, XP andFrom IObit: "Protected Folder is designed to password-protect your folders
Server 2008, 2003. It works like a safety box, just drag and drop the
folders or files you want to hide or protect into Protected Folder, then no
one can see, read or modify them. Whether you are concerned with privacy,
data theft, data loss, or data leaks, Protected Folder is an ideal tool for
Some simple bit flipping of the return value from password checking function
allows anyone to bypass the security of this product:
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Prev by Date: [Full-disclosure] [ MDVSA-2012:093 ] php
- Next by Date: Re: [Full-disclosure] Using second gpg keyring may be misleading?
- Previous by thread: [Full-disclosure] [ MDVSA-2012:093 ] php
- Next by thread: [Full-disclosure] Webify Product Series - Multiple Web Vulnerabilities