Re: [Full-disclosure] Erronous post concerning Backtrack 5 R2 0day

in soviet russia, lesson teaches you. in west, no lesson learnt by anyone.

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM, Adam Behnke <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yesterday I made a post concerning a 0day advisory in Backtrack 5 R2:
http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2012/Apr/123

The posting was incorrect, the vulnerability was NOT in Backtrack but in
wicd, no Backtrack contributed code is vulnerable. When we tweeted and
emailed to mailing lists the notifications of this vulnerability, we
incorrectly shortened the title and called it "Backtrack 5 R2 priv
escalation 0day ", which is misleading and could lead people to believe the
bug was actually in Backtrack. The bug has always resided in wicd and not in
any Backtrack team written code. We apologize for the confusion to the
Backtrack team and any other persons affected by this error. We feel the
Backtrack distro is a great piece of software and wish muts and the rest of
the team the best.

  • Re: Erronous post concerning Backtrack 5 R2 0day
    ... wicd, no Backtrack contributed code is vulnerable. ... emailed to mailing lists the notifications of this vulnerability, ... Backtrack team and any other persons affected by this error. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • [Full-disclosure] Erronous post concerning Backtrack 5 R2 0day
    ... Yesterday I made a post concerning a 0day advisory in Backtrack 5 R2: ... The posting was incorrect, the vulnerability was NOT in Backtrack but in ... wicd, no Backtrack contributed code is vulnerable. ... emailed to mailing lists the notifications of this vulnerability, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Erronous post concerning Backtrack 5 R2 0day
    ... Yesterday I made a post concerning a 0day advisory in Backtrack 5 R2: ... The posting was incorrect, the vulnerability was NOT in Backtrack but in ... wicd, no Backtrack contributed code is vulnerable. ... emailed to mailing lists the notifications of this vulnerability, ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • [Full-disclosure] Vulnerability in Backtrack
    ... Backtrack Linux is penetration tester is system. ... vulnerability exist in booting for when start ... # mount -t proc proc /proc ...
    (Full-Disclosure)