Re: [Full-disclosure] Apple IOS security issue pre-advisory record

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 13:21:12 -0700, IA64 LOL said:
everything is obvious after its pointed out.

Not everything.

Consider Diffie-Hellman key exchange. There are very few people with enough
number theory clue that it's "obvious" as to *why* DH works on a first
explanation . Most people can eventually convince themselves that it can be
used to exchange numbers. Convincing yourself that it's done in a
non-interceptible manner is a lot harder..

Or consider BPG wedgies - if it's obvious to you why they're peristent,
you should be applying for a job as a senior BGP engineer at a major
network. ;)

  • Re: Closure vs Rewrite
    ... Manny things deserve more/better explanations than they get, but you should consider the position of the people being asked to provide those explanations. ... Doing so focuses your thinking and each successive explanation can improve on the previous. ... I recall that years ago I argued with Douglas Crockford on this group about whether JSLint should be objecting to 'fall through' in - switch - structures. ... I was in favour of allowing it, JSLint had other ideas, and no amount of talk of 'issues' caused by it was going to convince me otherwise. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: The relatvisitic computer
    ... |>> trying to convince the world that you are clever because you can say ... You don't understand that explanation, do you, shithead? ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: [ML ISSUE] reply-to field ?
    ... a binary answer in the spirit of "love it or leave it" is particularly ... followed by a generally unsuccessful attempt to convince the ... questioner that everyone else does it wrong, is the price of doing ... explanation is usually not a problem. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: I would like to ask Dawkins what he thinks happened 2000 years
    ... explanation of what he thinks happened to convince so many people that ... there is a God. ... And because Mohammed never claimed to be godlike, just a prophet continuing and completing the line of Hebrew prophets. ...
    (talk.origins)