[Full-disclosure] Multiple vulnerabilities in EJBCA

Hello list!

I want to warn you about multiple security vulnerabilities in Enterprise
Java Beans Certificate Authority (EJBCA). These are Cross-Site Scripting,
Brute Force and Abuse of Functionality vulnerabilities.

EJBCA it's a PKI server. Citation from official web site: A Certification
Authority and a complete enterprise PKI management system, EJBCA is a PKI
server used to issue, manage and maintain digital certificates - with
exceptional flexibility and strength.

-------------------------
Affected products:
-------------------------

Vulnerable are EJBCA 4.0.7 and previous versions.

Developers have fixed this XSS vulnerability in new version EJBCA 4.0.8,
which has been released at 09.02.2012, but at that they decided to not fix
BF and AoF vulnerabilities, considering them as low risk. But I've suggested
them to fix them too.

----------
Details:
----------

XSS (WASC-08):

http://site/ejbca/publicweb/webdist/certdist?cmd=revoked&issuer=%3Cscript%3Ealert(document.cookie)%3C/script%3E&serno=1

Brute Force (WASC-11):

http://site/ejbca/enrol/browser.jsp

http://site/ejbca/enrol/server.jsp

http://site/ejbca/enrol/keystore.jsp

http://site/ejbca/enrol/cvcert.jsp

Abuse of Functionality (Login enumeration) (WASC-42):

Login enumeration is possible in above-mentioned four functionalities. In
these forms different messages are shown at correct and incorrect login,
which allows to enumeration logins of the users.

------------
Timeline:
------------

2012.01.17 - found vulnerabilities.
2012.02.01 - announced at my site.
2012.02.05 - informed developers.
2012.02.09 - developers released version EJBCA 4.0.8 with fixed XSS
(http://primekey.se/News/All+Releases/Release+detail/EJBCA_4.0.8_release_Feb_2012.cid3129).
2012.03.10 - disclosed at my site.

I mentioned about these vulnerabilities at my site
(http://websecurity.com.ua/5646/).

Best wishes & regards,
MustLive
Administrator of Websecurity web site
http://websecurity.com.ua

  • [Full-disclosure] Barracuda LB, SVF, WAF & WEF - Multiple Vulnerabilities
    ... Barracuda LB, SVF, WAF & WEF - Multiple Vulnerabilities ... The issue was part of the official Barracuda Networks Bug Bounty Program. ... The Barracuda Web Application Firewall is a complete and powerful security solution for Web applications and Web sites. ... The persistent web vulnerability is located in the certificate management listing module with the bound vulnerable certificate common ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Barracuda LB, SVF, WAF & WEF - Multiple Vulnerabilities
    ... Barracuda LB, SVF, WAF & WEF - Multiple Vulnerabilities ... The issue was part of the official Barracuda Networks Bug Bounty Program. ... The Barracuda Web Application Firewall is a complete and powerful security solution for Web applications and Web sites. ... The persistent web vulnerability is located in the certificate management listing module with the bound vulnerable certificate common ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Sending spam via sites and creating spam-botnets
    ... As I mentioned in my brief description, in article Sending spam via sites ... for Joomla (in which I found such Abuse of Functionality hole in 2009). ... One of the latest such holes which I posted were vulnerabilities at ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • [Full-disclosure] AoF, IAA, XML Injection and XSS vulnerabilities in MyBB
    ... I want to warn you about Abuse of Functionality, ... Vulnerable are MyBB 1.6.1 and previous versions. ... In versions MyBB 1.6.2 and 1.4.15 XML Injection and XSS holes were fixed ... vulnerabilities, to reveal logins of users in the system. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Multiple vulnerabilities in SimpGB
    ... Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/ ... [Full-disclosure] Multiple vulnerabilities in SimpGB ... Anti-automation and Abuse of Functionality vulnerabilities in SimpGB. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)