Re: [Full-disclosure] Linksys Routers still Vulnerable to Wps vulnerability.

Just morbidly curious, what did you use for the SSID?
On Feb 12, 2012 5:31 PM, "Derek" <derek@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

They should at least consider providing an option to disable the static
pin only or disable it after an hour if the future is activated by the user.

Seems to be something that could be included in a future firmware update.

For a vendor to provide another mechanism for a user to get remotely
hacked (within wireless TX/RX range) and not address it in a reasonable
amount of time, exposes the less technical user, who is was intended to
help in the first place.

It would be interesting to see if this feature went through a technical
security risk assessment and if so, how the static pin was rationalised for
public release.

I setup an isolated vulnerable device and had attack traffic within 2 days
of it being activated. I did make the SSID very attractive, but the war
drivers are certainly getting out of the house again.

Thanks
Derek