[Full-disclosure] Yahoo Messenger - Buffer Overflow Vulnerability [Video]
- From: "research@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <research@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 18:41:17 +0100
Yahoo Messenger - Buffer Overflow Vulnerability [Video]
The video shows a live demonstration session Manideep alias z3r0 erRoR on the famous yahoo messenger.
The video explain how to detect & exploit a local drag + drop buffer overflow vulnerability.
1) Whenever we try to send image file on IM box of chat rooms,it gets delivered as a file to other person
2) Yahoo Messenger does not allow drag and drop files onto its chat rooms Message box
3) However we can copy and paste it there resulting in yahoo messenger crash!
Vulnerability Research Laboratory - Manideep a.k.a z3r0 erRoR
The information provided in this video is provided as it is without any warranty. Vulnerability-Lab disclaims all warranties,
either expressed or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and capability for a particular purpose. Vulnerability-
Lab or its suppliers are not liable in any case of damage, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential loss of business
profits or special damages, even if Vulnerability-Lab or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some
states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation
may not apply. Any modified copy or reproduction, including partially usages, of this file requires authorization from Vulnerability-
Lab. Permission to electronically redistribute this alert in its unmodified form is granted. All other rights, including the use of
other media, are reserved by Vulnerability-Lab or its suppliers.
Copyright © 2012|Vulnerability-Lab
Website: www.vulnerability-lab.com ; vuln-lab.com or vuln-db.com
Contact: admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Prev by Date: [Full-disclosure] [Announcement] ClubHack Mag - Call for Articles
- Next by Date: Re: [Full-disclosure] Iran is doing ip-and-port filtering of SSL
- Previous by thread: [Full-disclosure] [Announcement] ClubHack Mag - Call for Articles
- Next by thread: [Full-disclosure] Trustwave and Mozilla