Re: [Full-disclosure] Fwd: Rate Stratfor's Incident Response

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Jeffrey Walton <noloader@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://bolt.thexfil.es/84e9h!t was an interesting link - it
demonstrated the pwnage.

It looks like these folks gained access via PHP. Stratfor was using a
Linux based system system, but PHP was version 1.8
from 2009 (perhaps with some back patches). Current version of PHP is
5.3.8 (http://www.php.net/).

O really? PHP 1.8? how would you compile that on a modern linux distro?
how would you run drupal on top of it?

// $Id: default.settings.php,v 1.8.2.4 2009/09/14 12:59:18 goba Exp $
that is a line from the default drupal config file.

I agree that the php app was the most likely source of the intrusion, I
would guess that they didn't kept the drupal core and the contrib modules
up-to-date, and they were owned through some old vulnerability.

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu

  • Re: Best development platform? Mac, Windows or Linux?
    ... Cygwin provides some of these ... Mac or Linux is the way to go. ... Development platform I prefer Eclipse (PHP environment) which is cross- ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • PHP is the VB of Linux
    ... Linux and JSP. ... I plan to stay on Linux now. ... I started working with PHP and MySQL because I felt it had ... So, newbies, if you are looking for the "VB" in Linux, look no further ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Fwd: Rate Stratfors Incident Response
    ... It looks like these folks gained access via PHP. ... Linux based system system, ... I think Stratfor ... Subject: Rate Stratfor's Incident Response ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Is there MS Access Equivalent for Linux
    ... The usual way to do this on a Linux end-user system is to run MySQL or ... PostGreSQL, run the Apache Web server ... Here is a download of some example PHP pages from my site: ... MySQL accepts plain-text database tables, so updating the recipe database is ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Hosting per il mio sito...
    ... Se il PHP lo devi usare da solo od accostare ad un db mySQL allora ... prendi Linux, costa anche meno. ... ma www.aleax.it e` su Aruba da sempre (attualmente su Linux) ...
    (it.comp.macintosh)