[Full-disclosure] CarolinaCon-8 (2012) Call For Papers/Presenters/Speakers
- From: Vic Vandal <vvandal@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 06:44:01 -0800 (PST)
CarolinaCon-8/2012 - Call for Papers/Presenters/Speakers
h4x0rs, InfoSec professionals, international spies, script kidz, and posers,
CarolinaCon-8 will occur on May 11th-13th 2012 in Raleigh NC (USA). We are now officially accepting speaker/paper/demo submissions for the event.
If you are somewhat knowledgeable in any interesting field of hacking, technology, robotics, science, global thermonuclear war, etc. (but mostly hacking), and are interested in presenting at CarolinaCon-8, we cordially invite you to submit your proposal. Please send;
- your name or handle/alias
- the presentation name/title
- a brief topic abstract (1-2 paragraphs)
- the estimated time-length of your presentation
- a brief bio (100% optional item, but if your talk is chosen it saves the time and trouble of asking for it later)
....via e-mail to:
speakers <at> carolinacon.org
The presentation submission coordinator is Zip. He will send you a receipt confirmation email at his first convenience.
*NOTE: All submissions are due BY March 1st, 2012. However...we may be making some early selections this year from amongst the submissions, so please be timely in submission if you're committed to being part of the elite cadre of chosen presenters. We value diversity so please don't hesitate to propose your ideas no matter how outlandish.
If you present at the Con, you will receive;
- free CarolinaCon admission for you and one guest
- one free CarolinaCon-8 t-shirt
- minimal fame, glory, and possibly even notoriety
- mad props and much love from our staff and attendees
SPONSORS and/or VENDORS:
We don't accept any, so please don't bother asking. Capitalism and philanthropic knowledge-sharing don't mix in our opinion. We keep our admission price to the bare minimum to cover our venue and equipment expenses. All of our staff are volunteers who generously donate their time and energy. All of our presenters generously donate their time and talent. The only items sold at CarolinaCon are a limited quantity of single-design CarolinaCon t-shirts....and we only make and sell those because attendees and staff want them (and because they're cool).
If you are interested in attending, watch this space for more details:
...and don't forget to mark the May 2012 dates on your calendar.
If you have any important (as in not-dumb and not-spam) inquiries about the event you can send email to:
info <at> carolinacon.org
We look forward to seeing you at our 2012 chill event.
Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Hosted and sponsored by Secunia - http://secunia.com/
- Prev by Date: Re: [Full-disclosure] Ubuntu 11.10 now unsecure by default
- Next by Date: [Full-disclosure] [ MDVSA-2011:177 ] freetype2
- Previous by thread: [Full-disclosure] Implications of IPv6 on network firewalls
- Next by thread: [Full-disclosure] [ MDVSA-2011:177 ] freetype2